The colour palette that I ended up with in my final knit samples had went through quite a few changes to get to that point. My original colours; based on the shades of grey within the industrial world and the blues and yellows from this image to the right, just didn’t look as good once I started knitting with them. However when I had first begun creating the yarn wrappings, I had also looked into adding both copper and green instead of the blues and yellows. But, at this point within my work I had felt the wrappings with blue and yellow had looked better and more harmonised.
When first going to the knit room after the skills week, I had used the greys, blues and yellows to create small experiment knits. At the small scale and the tentative start into my knits, the colours seemed to work well and I had planned on continuing to use them. But, after talking to one of my lecturers, the texture of the yarns wasn’t quite right; not giving an industrial feel.
With this in mind I ventured to the yarn store to have a nosey at the more shiny looking yarns that I could incorporate within my work. These samples were a lot more successful than the previous set of yarns I had been using; creating much more industrial looking knit. I still wasn’t really happy with the colour palette though and continued to develop it as I went along.
After the tutorial in the final week of knit, I finally got a handle on my colour palette and found a successful combination that created really nice looking knits. I find it quite amusing that I had ended up reverting back to similar colours from my original palette; but instead of going with the blue I had chosen the green palette. I feel that it is a pretty successful colour story and I’m really happy at how these worked within my final samples.